16 Feb 10 Benefits of Proper Patriarchy
- My daughter’s story of a friend on social media &? about patriarchy
Genesis 5:1-2 This is the book of the generations of Adam. When God created man, he made him in the likeness of God. Male and female he created them, and he blessed them and named them Man when they were created.
Genesis 5:3-32 Adam…fathered a son in his own likeness, after his image, and named him Seth…and he had other sons and daughters…Seth…fathered Enosh…and had other sons and daughters…Enosh…fathered Kenan…and had other sons and daughters…Kenan…fathered Mahalalel…and had other sons and daughters….Mahalalel…fathered Jared…and had other sons and daughters….Jared…fathered Enoch…and had other sons and daughters….Enoch…fathered Methuselah…and had other sons and daughters….Enoch walked with God…Methuselah…fathered Lamech…and had other sons and daughters….Lamech…fathered…Noah, saying, “Out of the ground that the Lord has cursed, this one shall bring us relief from our work and from the painful toil of our hands.” Lamech…had other sons and daughters…. Noah fathered Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
- God our Father and His Son had the Spirit write the Bible in a patriarchal way
Mark 12:26 “[Jesus said]…have you not read in the book of Moses [Exodus 3], in the passage about the bush, how God spoke to him, saying, ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’?”
- Families change for generations when a new patriarch makes some new choices
- The 2 opposites of Biblical patriarchy (men activated doing the right thing) are
- Chauvinism (man does wrong thing)
- Feminism (man does nothing)
- The Father is Sovereign over all, The Son is our Savior and example, the Spirit is our power
- The Christian Church is to teach, model, correct for the will of God
- The Christian family has singular headship and plural leadership
10 Benefits of Proper Patriarchy
- Encourages single men to grow up, marry, and lovingly lead a family.
- Establishes an unchanging multi-generational leadership structure to reduce foolish experiments, infighting, and family division.
- Puts the weight of responsibility on the shoulders of men, so they feel it as they should.
- Gives men permission to protect and provide for women and children as noble masculinity.
- Causes a man to make unselfish decisions to bless his wife, children, and grandchildren.
- Reduces the need for government to feed, educate, and raising children.
- Increases the likelihood of all family members living as Christians.
- Encourages wives and children to gratefully honor toward men who try to love and lead.
- Makes a man feel like a man when he lives as God created him to.
- Increases the passing of wealth to bless generationally.
Discussion & Prayer
- What did the Holy Spirit highlight for you tonight? Why did that strike you as noteworthy?
- How can we pray for you?