04 May 23 Scriptures Commanding True Christians To Oppose Abortion
- I felt compelled to jump ahead last Real Men & did not know why
- Leaked document in process from Supreme Court
- AZ state triggers pro-life
- CA – discussing cementing into state constitution
- 62 million under Roe v Wade
- will go in order of the Scriptures
- God is pro-life. Genesis 1:28 God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion…
- God’s people are pro-life and practice civil disobedience. Exodus 1:16–17 “When you serve as midwife to the Hebrew women and see them on the birthstool, if it is a son, you shall kill him, but if it is a daughter, she shall live.” But the midwives feared God and did not do as the king of Egypt commanded them, but let the male children live.”
- Murder is a sin and a crime. Exodus 20:30 “You shall not murder.”
- A preborn child has legal rights. Exodus 21:22-25 When men strive together and hit a pregnant woman, so that her children come out, but there is no harm, the one who hit her shall surely be fined, as the woman’s husband shall impose on him, and he shall pay as the judges determine. But if there is harm, then you shall pay life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot, burn for burn, wound for wound, stripe for stripe.
- Children are a blessing Psalm 127:3–5 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them!
- God knows us from the womb. Psalm 139:13-14 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.
- To hate life is to hate the Living God. Proverbs 8:36 “all who hate me love death.”
- A preborn child has a soul. Ecclesiastes 11:5 As you do not know the way the spirit comes to the bones in the womb of a woman with child, so you do not know the work of God who makes everything.
- It is demonic to kill your child. Leviticus 18:21 You shall not give any of your children to offer them to Molech, and so profane the name of your God: I am the LORD.
- God calls us from the womb. Jeremiah 1:5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.”
- Killing children is not from the mind of God. Jeremiah 7:31–32 they have built the high places of Topheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, which I did not command, nor did it come into my mind.
- When sex is a demonic religion, children are the sacrifice. Ezekiel 16:20–21 you took your sons and your daughters, whom you had borne to me, and these you sacrificed to them to be devoured. Were your whorings so small a matter that you slaughtered my children and delivered them up as an offering by fire to them?
- Physicians should not tear apart what the Great Physician has knit together. Job 10:11–12 You clothed me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews. You have granted me life and steadfast love, and your care has preserved my spirit.
- God works in the womb. Job 31:15 Did not he who made me in the womb make him? And did not one fashion us in the womb?
- Evil governments take the life of children. Matthew 2:16 Herod… became furious, and he sent and killed all the male children in Bethlehem and in all that region…
- Jesus harms those who harm children. Matthew 18:5–“Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.”
- What you really think about Jesus is revealed in how you treat children. Mark 9:36–37 And he took a child and put him in the midst of them, and taking him in his arms, he said to them, “Whoever receives one such child in my name receives me, and whoever receives me, receives not me but him who sent me.”
- Children are a blessing to be blessed. Mark 10:16 And he [Jesus] took them [children] in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them.
- Children can be born again before they are born. Luke 1:15 he [John the Baptizer] will be filled with the Holy Spirit, even from his mother’s womb.
- Children can worship from the womb. Luke 1:41,44 …when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb…the baby in my [Elizabeth] womb leaped for joy.
- God came to the earth through Mary’s womb. Luke 2:12,16 …you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger …they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger.
- Children in and out of the womb are the same to God. Luke 18:15 Now they were bringing even infants to him that he might touch them.
- God makes life, Satan takes life. John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning…
My story & Grace
Evolution – Charles Darwin (1809-1882)
- People continuum animal to human – 3/5 compromise for census 1787-1865
- Deepak Chopra “primitive”
- Survival of the fittest, might makes right, natural selection
On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favored Races in the Struggle for Life
Charles Darwin, “At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries,
the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate, and replace, the savage races throughout the world.”
Thomas Malthus (1766-1834)
Overpopulation & scarcity resources = pop controls – sterilize, birth control, abort unfit
Nazi Germany – HS story & exhibit
- From concentration camps to clinics
1933 Planned Parenthood magazine Birth Control Review published ‘Eugenic Sterilization: An Urgent Need,’ by Ernst Rudin, Hitlers director of genetic sterilization & founder of the Nazi Society for Racial Hygiene.” Same year “published article E. A. Whitney ‘Selective Sterilization,’ – praised & defended Nazi racial programs.”
- Founded Planned Parenthood in poor neighborhoods
- nearly 1 million abortions year US, 29% population black/Hispanic but 55% abortions
“Birth control appeals to the advanced radical because it is calculated to undermine the authority of the Christian churches. I look forward to seeing humanity free someday of the tyranny of Christianity no less than Capitalism.”
1 billion abortions globally
62 million in US under Roe v Wade
Discussion and Prayer
- Which of the 23 reasons do you find most compelling? Why?
- How can we pray for our nation, state, church family, and you?