18 Apr Is the God of Calvinism Cruel?
Is the God of Calvinism cruel? In this week’s update, Pastor Mark answers one of our reader’s questions: If God knew that some of the people he created would be sent to hell, why did he create humanity?
Check out the video here, and send in your questions to [email protected]
- What Does “Alpha and Omega” Mean? – In the Book of Revelation, Jesus is given a host of titles. Pastor Mark explores the importance of “Alpha and Omega.”
- 8 Simple Ways to Take a Good Nap – It’s very easy, but sometimes taking a good nap can be a very hard thing to do. Here are a few practical things you can do to ensure some quick shut-eye.
- Can a Christian Get a Tattoo – About 20% of people have tattoos – what happens if I had a tattoo before becoming a Christian? Is that OK? What does the Bible have to say about tattoos?
- FAQ – Check out the FAQ page on MarkDriscoll.org to learn more about Mark Driscoll Ministries, what we believe, and where we’re headed.
- Support – Thanks for your continued generous support. If you’d like to continue to support Mark Driscoll Ministries, you can give here.
- Pastor Mark’s Recommended Reading is Released – Ever had a tough question, and wondered what book Pastor Mark would recommend to help? Check out the website for Pastor Mark’s recommended reading list, a topical assortment of hundreds of books that will help you in your walk with Jesus.
1 John Bible Study with The Trinity Church – If you’re in the Phoenix area, join The Trinity Church as they have their weekly Bible Study. The Bible Study is every Sunday at 9:30. We’re working hard to get the building ready for services and kids ministry, and you’re welcome to join us for Work Parties to get the church building ready every Saturday. Thanks to those who have stopped by to help even as you’ve been driving through town on vacation! Find out more about being a part of the Launch Team.
Got Questions? Send them to [email protected]
You asked, Pastor Mark answered. Over the last several months, we’ve been answering the questions sent in from our readers of the Weekly Newsletter. These questions include:
- Can a Christian Get a Tattoo?
- Would the husband be bound to a sexless marriage with no hope for children?
- Why didn’t Jesus upfront say that he is God?
- What happens to people who have never heard about Jesus?
- How can I encourage a friend who is a sexual assault victim?
- I’m a Christian. Is it OK to marry my non-Christian boyfriend?
- What should the Baptist son say to his Catholic family?
“1 Corinthians: Good News for Bad Christians,” a 33 part series from Pastor Mark, is back online! Check out the sermon archive or subscribe to the podcast to hear Pastor Mark teach on what the Apostle Paul had to say to the church in Corinth. Here are a few of the recent sermons:
- Church Planting in Corinth
- Single Like Jesus
- Preaching Jesus
- Boasting About Jesus
- Pastor Jesus
- Wise Like Jesus
- Servants of Jesus
- Rewarded By Jesus
- Spiritual Gifts: Part 1
- Good Sex, Bad Sex
- Divorce and Remarriage
- The Weaker Christian
- Paying Your Pastors
- Missional Ministry
- Spiritual Gifts: Part 4
- Resisting Idols Like Jesus
- Under Authority Like Christ
- One Body, Many Parts
- Glorifying God