Real Men Vision
- We have employers, job placement, investment, realtors, mortgage brokers, theologians, evangelists, prayer partners, workout buddies, hunters, fathers, grandfathers, brothers etc. all here to help
=Godly/healthy leaders of self, family, business, ministry, community
Romans 1:1–7 (ESV)1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God, 2 which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures, 3 concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh 4 and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord, 5 through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations, 6 including you who are called to belong to Jesus Christ, 7 To all those in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Humility and authority
1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle
- The leadership dance
- Wisdom for your walk
1:2 in the holy Scriptures
- Power to plug into
1:4 power according to the Spirit of holiness
- A Lord that ain’t you
1:4 Jesus Christ our Lord
- Jesus called “Lord” 700X = king god/man ruling in authority – often counterfeit
- An end zone to drive toward
1:4 resurrection from the dead
- soldier keeps fighting, athlete keeps competing, worker keeps working for the finish line
- Love to share
1:7 loved by God
- Father/son relationship
- A church family
1:7 To all those in Rome
- Local church – to bear fruit you need to root
- A destiny to chase
1:7 called to be saints
- Grace for the failures
1:7 Grace to you
10. A Father and a Brother who are for you
1:7 peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ
Group Discussion Questions:
- Paul starts by telling us a bit of his testimony and how he became a Christian. Take a few minutes and have each person share where they are at on their faith walk and where it started.
- Paul says he is a servant of Christ Jesus. What are some of the practical ways you are serving Christ Jesus in this season (e.g. spouse, parent, employee, ministry, etc.)?
- Paul starts by focusing our attention on God’s love, grace, and peace for us. How have you seen these things in your life, especially God’s grace?
- Peace corresponds with the OT word “Shalom”. Are there any areas in which you are struggling to live because it is the opposite of shalom that we could pray for and help with?