19 Sep 7 Proverbs for Christian Workers
As we are winding down our study of Proverbs, it might interest you to know that most of the people reading these daily devotions read them on their way to work or at work. So, I thought some Proverbs for Christian workers would be fitting:
1. Be honest in your business dealings
Proverbs 11:1 – The LORD abhors dishonest scales, but accurate weights are his delight.
2. Seek to do the best job you can
Proverbs 22:29 – Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will serve before kings; he will not serve before obscure men.
3. Maintain a good work ethic
Proverbs 12:24 – Diligent hands will rule, but laziness ends in slave labor.
4. Know the difference between negotiating and scheming
Proverbs 20:13 – “It’s no good, it’s no good!” says the buyer; then off he goes and boasts about his purchase.
5. Honor those in authority over you
Proverbs 27:18 – He who tends a fig tree will eat its fruit, and he who looks after his master will be honored.
6. Make results instead of excuses
Proverbs 22:13 – The sluggard says, “There is a lion outside!” or “I will be murdered in the streets!”
7. Don’t trade short term pleasure for long term pain
Proverbs 20:17 – Food gained by fraud tastes sweet to a man, but he ends up with a mouth full of gravel.
Which of these speaks most loudly to you? Why?