1 Peter 3:7 – Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.
- If you are both under God’s authority, you can have unity between you and God’s anointing upon you.
- You will have independent thoughts and disagree, which can make you better together if you learn from one another.
- If you seek to influence but not control one another, then you will make wiser decisions and have a better perspective.
- Honoring one another includes learning from and deferring to one another in areas of wisdom so that together as one you are better than either of you could be alone.
- No issue is as important as your relationship, so you must value the relationship over issues to remain united.
- You must both always work for unity and against division.
- A domineering spouse damages the marriage so honor one another instead.
- There is a 100% success rate for couples who both obey God’s Word because God pours out grace on their life and answers their prayers.
To subscribe to Pastor Mark & Grace Driscoll’s “Real Marriage” podcast, part of the XO Marriage Podcast Network, click HERE or find it anywhere you listen to podcasts.
To download the free e-book ODD LIFE: Good God which is a study in 1 Peter for individuals, groups, and families from Pastor Mark click HERE. To listen to Pastor Mark’s 9 sermons on 1 Peter preached in the summer of 2020, click HERE. These and other resources are made possible by our ministry partners who support Real Faith as a Bible teaching ministry of Mark Driscoll Ministries to whom we say THANK YOU!