22 Sep Encouraging Others Through A Trial
Hebrews 12:1-3 let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.
- Jesus ran His trial to the end with joy and today has no regrets
- Jesus knows what you are going through
- Jesus sends the Spirit to give you what you need
What’s your trial?
James 1:2 when you meet trials of various kinds
James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial…
Where are joy and gifts in your trial?
James 1:2-3 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, 3 for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
2 train tracks – trial & joy/gifts
- Who: has been for you & there for you?
- What: has God given you?
- Where: has God done the unexpected?
- Why: do you think Satan & God were at work in your trial?
- When: can you use your experience to help others?
- How: has God used it to change you for the good
Who can you encourage through a trial?
· James has been through a lot of trials and is encouraging you through yours!
· When suffering we can get selfish – men/leaders we give courage by encouraging
· God spoke to me on a recent hike “encourage Grace”
Praying Meeting Checking in Sending Scripture
Giving praise Listening Trying Ministry of Presence