02 Mar How To Build An Ark For Your Family
- In a film, when the camera slows & closes in the scene is important
- Genesis 5 – all men named over 1656 years
- Genesis 6-9 – 1 man, Noah
A Storm is Coming, Your Family Needs You To Build An Ark
Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned by God concerning events as yet unseen, in reverent fear constructed an ark for the saving of his household.
- Storms – financial, physical, emotional, spiritual, relational
- Ark – the plan to go through it and not just survive but flourish on the other side
Noah’s 5 Priorities Must Be Ours
- Noah kept his priorities for 120 years (Gen. 6:3)
- If his priorities were out of order, or he skipped one, human history altered
- Not a perfect man, but an example
Genesis 6:8-9 Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord…. Noah walked with God.
- What if Noah did not hear from God?
Genesis 7:7 Noah…and his wife…went into the ark
Genesis 8:18 Noah went out, and his…wife
- What if Noah’s marriage was divided or done?
Genesis 7:13 Noah and his sons, Shem and Ham and Japheth…and the three wives of his sons…entered the ark
Genesis 8:18 Noah went out, and his sons…and his sons’ wives
Genesis 9:1 God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply…”
- What if Noah’s sons did not follow his leadership & faith?
Genesis 7:5 Noah did all that the Lord had commanded him.
- What if Noah did none or some of what God commanded him?
2 Peter 2:5 Noah, a herald of righteousness…
- What if Noah did not fulfil his ministry (Accuser)?
Biggest Mistakes Men Make:
- Pastors – collapse #1 God & #5 Ministry
- Men in general – put work too high
- Men in general – collapse husband & father into = family
Discussion & Prayer
- What changes need to be made to your priorities?
- How can we pray for you?