15 Sep Real Men: Leading with Joy Through a Trial
Leading with Joy Through a Trial
- Leadership – self, family, work, church, community
- Real Men – worship, teaching, testimony, huddle (online & visiting pastors)
- James – 1742 words (English translation) – can read in less than 30 minutes
- Study Guide – if you are a husband/father or in another Life Group
James 1:2-3 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.
- What are your trials?
- global, national, regional, local, others (family, friends)
- personal – physical, financial, relational, spiritual, mental, emotional
1. You 2. Marriage 3. Kids 4. Grandkids 5. Work 6. Friends 7. Extended family
2. Who is the singular head and who are the plural leaders for the trial(s)?
- God’s principle of singular headship & plural leadership
- Do you have any role other than prayer & availability?
- Trials are opportunities for us to
- Step in/step up
- Coach up the head or leaders
3. How can you bring joy into the trial?
- Pray in the morning, pray in the evening, and pray in the middle
- Listen to the sermon your body is preaching
- When things get darker, you go deeper
- Choose faith over fear
- Transfer the burden to the Lord
- Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep
- Find your joy manna every day
- Be the Barnabas