01 Apr Real Men: Daniel #11 Notes & Small Group Questions
To help you study the book of Daniel in a men’s group setting, each week we will post notes and small group questions from Real Men men’s ministry based on that week’s sermon on the markdriscoll.org blog.
4 Questions for Leading Through Crisis: Daniel 11
- Daniel as a case study in a man leading through crisis
- teenager taken as slave to another nation – language, religion, culture (ch 1)
- lead godly & ungodly
- career in government through sieges & regime changes
- late 80’s, early 90’s (?70 years)
- God over Him: “God is my judge”
- God in Him: Spirit of the holy god’s (3X ch 4
|1. You think you can fix it and you can: MOVE||2. You think you can fix it and you can’t: MOVE ON|
|3. You don’t think you can fix it and you can: MOVE||4. You don’t think you can fix it and you can’t: MOVE ON|
- You think you can fix it and you can: Move
- Daniel – dream from God needed interpretation (ch 2,4); King loses mind a few years need interim leader (ch 4)
- You – cut expenses, focus on health, lead your family
- You think you can fix it and you can’t: MOVE ON
- Daniel – sees future & wrecked (ch 10-11)
- You – cure a virus, fix stock market, have your voice count
- You don’t think you can fix it and you can: MOVE
- Daniel – prayer for God’s people (ch 9)
- You – you can find opportunity, you can help build character in your kids, you can use this time to be a better XN, husband, father
- You don’t think you can fix it and you can’t: MOVE ON
- Daniel – handwriting on the wall (ch 5); worship false god or get thrown into a lion’s den (ch 6), control history (1-12)
- You – people are losing jobs, school is cancelled, cancelling plans, predicting future
Discussion and Prayer
- What is in category 1 for you?
- What is in category 2 for you?
- What is in category 3 for you?
- What is in category 4 for you?