04 Mar Real Men: Daniel #8 Notes & Small Group Questions
To help you study the book of Daniel in a men’s group setting, each week we will post notes and small group questions from Real Men men’s ministry based on that week’s sermon on the markdriscoll.org blog.
4 Ways Great Men Live by God’s Power: Daniel 8
- Thankful for the opportunity to teach
- God’s amassing an army of great men
- One way to become a great man is study the lives of other men + & –
Ezekiel 14:12-14 the word of the LORD came to me: “Son of man, when a land sins against me by acting faithlessly, and I stretch out my hand against it and break its supply of bread and send famine upon it, and cut off from it man and beast, even if these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they would deliver but their own lives by their righteousness, declares the Lord GOD.
Daniel 4:8-9 At last Daniel came in before me [King Nebuchadnezzar]… in whom is the spirit of the holy gods…I know that the spirit of the holy gods is in you…
4 Ways Great Men Live by God’s Power
- not the life he wanted, but accepted the life he had & made most with it
= midlife crisis, late life grumpiness
- eat food, worship king for month, name change
= have your answer before you take your test
- willing to die, including lion’s den
= guy got fired, for Jesus
- prayed 3 X a day, kept studying Bible, going to work, 70+ years
= Old Farmer my 1st men’s study w/prof’s
Discussion and Prayer
- Where are you content, and discontent?
- Where are your convictions strong, and weak?
- Where are you most courageous, and least?
- Where are you consistent, and inconsistent?
- Which guy(s) do we need to pray to accept your invitation to join us?
- Do you need a Bible?