26 Feb Real Men: Daniel #7 Notes & Small Group Questions
To help you study the book of Daniel in a men’s group setting, each week we will post notes and small group questions from Real Men men’s ministry based on that week’s sermon on the markdriscoll.org blog.
Why Most Men View Jesus Wrongly: Daniel 7
- Jesus = Joshua (God is salvation)
- Christ = anointed Messiah
- 2000 yrs ago, mom, dad, brothers, 30 years, 3 yrs ministry
- No book, political office, company, wife, kids,100’s miles
- More books written about, paintings painted of, song sung to
- Measure time BC/AD
New Millenium Newsweek cover “By any secular standard, Jesus is also the dominant figure of Western culture”
- Religions – holy place headquarters vs Holy Person Head
- Only founder of any religion who claimed to be God
- Christmas (birth) Easter (resurrection)
Jesus: Lion and Lamb
Revelation 5:5–6 Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered…And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain
Richness of Heaven – Poverty on Earth
Being served by Angels – Serving sinners (fed, washed feet)
Honored – Dishonored
Alive – Dead (borrowed tomb)
Jesus – Lion for us/Lamb with us
The Next Time We See Jesus
Daniel 7:9-10, 13-14, 18 “As I looked, thrones were placed, and the Ancient of Days took his seat; his clothing was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool; his throne was fiery flames; its wheels were burning fire.A stream of fire issued and came out from before him; a thousand thousands served him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him; the court sat in judgment, and the books were opened…“I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him. And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed…the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever, forever and ever.’
- Jesus before earth
Jesus today, after earth
- Jesus when returns to earth
- This is a guy to respect
- This is a guy to follow
- This is a guy to pray to (ask for help)
- This is a guy to worship
Boardroom: Investments & Compounded Interest
Ballfield: Every man wants to be on a winning team. ESPN Classics
Discussion and Prayer
- Do you more easily see Jesus as a lion or a lamb?
- Are you more of a lion or a lamb?
- Who needs you to be a lion? Who needs you to be a lamb?
- Which guy(s) do we need to pray to accept your invitation to join us?
- Do you need a Bible?