22 Jan Real Men: Daniel #2 Notes & Small Group Questions
To help you study the book of Daniel in a men’s group setting, each week we will post notes and small group questions from Real Men men’s ministry based on that week’s sermon on the markdriscoll.org blog.
6 Tools God Gives Real Men: Daniel Chapter 2
- My grandpa George & my dad growing up (each tool had a function for a need)
Daniel 1 – 605 BC after 490 years rebellion God allows Babylon/Nebuchadnezzar, invades & enslaves, walk 700 miles, eunuch, vegetarian, brainwash, name, teenager
- Spirit of Babylon (Rev. 14, 16,17,18) vs Spirit of God
Problem – Prayer – Praise – Prophecy – Promise (Kingdom) – Promotion
1.Godly Friends: Daniel 2:17
- Mentor myth vs bullpen
- Wise counsel (not just family, coworkers, or old buddies)
- Grace and I approve of these couples & individuals
2.Prayer: Daniel 2:17-19
- 6:10 prayed 3X day, 9 big prayer answered by Gabriel
- Communication key to war
Alexander, Hannibal, Caesar – relay runners
Ghengis Khan – homing pigeons
Flags on boats at sea
Telegraph & morse code
Wired phones – lines cut
Wireless field telephones
3.Worship: Daniel 2:19-30
- Reminding & celebrating the character of God
- Connecting to God helps you disconnect to all that is ungodly
- Men don’t sing in public because it’s unfamiliar but that makes it powerful
4.Revelation: Daniel 2:31-43
- General – creation (internal); conscience (external), dream, vision, word
- Special – Jesus Christ, Scripture
- Bible – daily (devos), YouVersion, audio Bible
5.Access to King Jesus and the Kingdom of God: Daniel 2:44-45
- Unseen realm overtakes seen realm
6.Holy Spirit Power: Daniel 4:8, 18
- Nebuchadnezzar is under no authority or control = men apart from Spirit
- Daniel is a man under authority & control = man w/Spirit
- Jesus Spirit-filled (my flight)
- Do you have godly friends?
- What is God revealing to you lately?
- What area of your life do you need the power of the Holy Spirit most lately?
- How can we pray with/for you today?
- Do you need a Bible?