17 Jul Real Ministry: Power (Romans 15:14-21)
Real Ministry: Power (Romans 15:14-21)
We all want to be part of something bigger than ourselves & make a difference
-XN Church = biggest, longest standing, most diverse, global movement world history
- HOW? (no human leader or headquarters or total unity?
The Church Lives Under Divine Anointing
Acts 1:4-5 “he [Jesus] ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, “you heard from me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”
- Christ & Christians = HS anointing
- Define CHURCH?
=ACTs of HS (through Apostles) 1. God’s will. 2. God’s power 3. God’s timing
Encouragement is Highlighting the Spirit in People
Romans 15:16 sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:18-19 what Christ has accomplished through…word and deed, by the power of signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God—
- He was talking to the church, now he’s talking about the church
- The best way to encourage someone is to highlight the work of the HS
=Deposits (15) & Withdrawals (16)
=What is God teaching you? What is God changing in your life? Other ????
A Spirit-Filled Church Loves One Another
Romans 15:14 I myself am satisfied about you, my brothers, that you yourselves are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge and able to instruct one another.
We open our Bibles to learn. “knowledge & able to instruct one another” (1-11 Theological)
We open our lives to love. “full of goodness” (vs total depravity earlier) (12-15 Relational)
- 1. Sermon 2. LG – pull everyone together
“able to instruct one another”
=Next Series? Spiritual Gifts. James. Genesis
A Spirit-Filled Church Loves Bible Teaching
Romans 15:15-16 But on some points I have written to you very boldly by way of reminder, because of the grace given me by God to be a minister of Christ Jesus to the Gentiles in the priestly service of the gospel of God, so that the offering of the Gentiles may be acceptable, sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
- Bible teaching to the Religious (Jewish) & Rebellious (Gentile)
- The HS uses Bible teaching to be “sanctified”/anointing
– Real Faith 100’s sermons (RF Live). study guides. devos. audio. video. notes. transcripts. Men. Women. Leader. Spanish. Parent. Class. Books. Ask PM Marriage.
– Soc Media. Youtube. IDisciple. YouVersion. Pray.com. Sirius XM. Salem. = 100 million
=President major ministry often w/us “never seen % people w/Bible & notes”
A Spirit-Filled Church Loves Ministry
Romans 15:17-18 In Christ Jesus, then, I have reason to be proud of my work for God…what Christ has accomplished through me.
- God works 1. For you 2. In you 3. Through you
- 5 yrs of ministry got done in the last year!
=Spiritual Gift series next. Find your divine design.
A Spirit-Filled Church Loves the Kingdom
Romans 15:18-19 For I will not venture to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me to bring the Gentiles to obedience—by word and deed, by the power of signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God—
Kingdom – HS Down – “word & deed”
Persuasion/”word” vs Power/”deed” (converted couple)
- Sign Gifts? Cessationism vs Continuationism
1. We don’t chase signs & wonders
-Matt. 12:39, “An evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign…
2. We test signs & wonders
-2 Thess. 2:9-10 [NLT] “the work of Satan…counterfeit power and signs and miracles. He will use every kind of evil deception…”
3. We expect signs & wonders to follow us as we follow God
Miracle – power/signs/wonders – pointing to King Jesus & Kingdom
- TTC Prophecy in Florida
- TTC Prophecy over building ($ plants)
- TTC Prophecy over shutdown
A Spirit-Filled Church Loves Lost People
Romans 15:19-21 so that from Jerusalem and all the way around to Illyricum I have fulfilled the ministry of the gospel of Christ; and thus I make it my ambition to preach the gospel, not where Christ has already been named, lest I build on someone else’s foundation, but as it is written, “Those who have never been told of him will see, and those who have never heard will understand.”
Paul’s 10 years of difficult ministry – now moving
- Cities are strategic to reach culture
- Our city is strategic for young families to raise kids for future ministry
- Fastest growing. 4 lanes (FREEDOM)
- Most of our people are new
- Many new XN’s 329 baptisms since starting Romans
Paul is going to a new area to preach/plant
GOSPEL PREACHED – God brings things into existence the same way world
ENCOURAGEMENT – 2 Train tracks
- You are not alone, there is a God
- You are separated from God, but He made a way for you to enjoy a relationship
- God loves, forgives, heals, serves, restores, encourages, blesses, and helps
= where is God @ work right now! Worship & invite