Ahab & Jezebel (1 Ki. 16-2 Ki 2) – A. people who died empowered by B. spirits live on
1. Possessed – counterfeit Spirit-filled. Powerful. Multiple Personality Disorder
2. Oppressed – Elijah ran 100 miles wanted to die, exhausted, foggy, dysregulated
3. Tendencies – personality (shy/passive), bad teaching, family system, temp (Obad.)
- A man or woman can have either Ahab or Jezebel spirit
- Jezebel wants sovereignty/control – hard to remove
Revelation 2:20-21 “…I [Jesus] have this against you, that you tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess and is teaching and seducing my servants to practice sexual immorality and to eat food sacrificed to idols.I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality…”
Begins – rebel authority, Bible, deconstruction, apostasy, sexual/gender, pantheism
- In a church, one Jezebel can wear out an entire leadership team.
- Threatening & seducing.
7 Things Jezebel’s Hate
- Authority – control (Ahab), crucify (Naboth), cancel (Elijah)
- No – True colors emerge told no
- Losing – 850 prophets lose, death sentence. Naboth he lost she won.
- Rebuke – No repentance
- Grace – Law for you. Grace for me.
- Men – especially Elijah’s (killed prophets). Like weak Ahab’s. Trauma.
- Truthfulness – dishonest own issues. Or say in the past. Or use for platform.
22 Things Jezebel’s Control…
1. Relationships – people, friend groups, families, work groups, church groups
2. Money – form of power home/work/church
3. Governance – Israel “queen”, church at Thyatira declared herself “a prophetess”,
4. Churches – closed churches, created counterfeits under control
5. Preaching – killed God’s prophets, 850 paid false prophets, hunted Elijah
6. Information – Naboth, technology & collecting info.
7. Access to the Senior Leader – queen = control access Ahab. Mediator, hub.
8. Conversation – She does the talking. Last word
9. Platform – Killed prophets, tried steal Elijah’s platform on Mt. Carmel. Anti-ministy
10. Narrative – spiritual warfare. “‘Naboth cursed God & the king.’…stoned him to death”
11. Mob – paid mob of 850 prophets of Baal/Asherah. Stir up masses.
12. Agenda – For everyone (Family, Nation, Elijah, etc.)
13. Time – being late, deadlines, threats, demands. 1 Ki 19:2 kill Elijah “tomorrow”
14. Decisions –
15. Environments – “Living Apart Together”
16. Leaders – Ahab, 850 prophets Baal/Asherah, servants, citizens of Israel, tried Elijah
17. Family – cursed generations
18. Gifts – Naboth’s field
19. Image – Beautiful/sensual 2 Ki 9:30“Jezebel…painted her eyes & adorned her head”
20. Energy – Elijah 40 day recovery
21. Sexuality – Rev 2
22. God –
Male Jezebels – domineering, controlling, overbearing, sexually demanding/imposing
1. Women & Children afraid of = unsafe
2. Andrew Tate – raised XN, atheist, XN, Muslim. “misogynist”; kick boxer/sex trafficker
Female Jezebels – trauma opened door. Husbands avoid/fearful of. She needs help.
- Says & does evil to own children
- If single, she will get you in bed & seduce you to tolerate so she can dominate
- Know attacking a man is strategic advantage
Discussion and Prayer
1. What were your mom and dad like (passive like Ahab, controlling like Jezebel, or assertive like Elijah?)
2. What are you (and your spouse if married) like (passive like Ahab, controlling like Jezebel, or assertive like Elijah?) What changes do you need to seek in your life and/or family?
3. How can we pray for you?