10 Traits of Real Men: Daniel Chapter 3
1 draft horse can pull their weight, 2 draft horses pulling together can pull 3X weight
If you pair an untrained draft horse with a trained one, they learn by pulling together
We are better if we stick & pull together
- One of the most important days of my life was yoking together with men as a new Christian at my first ever men’s event/retreat
- I found fathers for examples, brothers for the journey, & God spoke vision
- The most important things I learned in college had nothing to do with college
Daniel is about men who God helped as they walked unified in the Spirit
- I hero – God
- 2 main characters – Daniel and Nebuchadnezzar
- Cast of characters – all of Babylon, Daniels 3 friends
= Case study in what kind of man you want to be & who you yolk with
Nebuchadnezzar Daniel and friends
1. Rules his kingdom from fear Serves God’s Kingdom in faith
2. Fights for control of future Faith in God’s control of future
3. Tries to use God for his plan Let’s God use them for His plan
4. Emotionally unstable Emotionally healthy
5. Professional not personal relationships Professional and personal relationships
6. 300,000 on his side 3 + God on their side
7. Demands to be worshipped Delights to worship God
8. “Win” at life, lose at death “Lose” at life, win at death
9. Ruled by the Spirit of Babylon Ruled by the Spirit of God
10. Mission was to make his name great Mission was to make God’s name great
Discussion and Prayer
- Who is your Nebuchadnezzar?
- Who is your Daniel?
- Who are your Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego’s?
- How can we pray with/for you today?
- Do you need a Bible?