26 Oct STEWARD: Build His Kingdom
- Would never move family into a home that was not architected & inspected
- Most budgets & schedules not architected & inspected
- Vision retreat started w/vacation drive home (work in vs on life)
What is a steward?
- God is the owner. Haggai 2:8 ‘The silver is mine and the gold is mine,’ declares the LORD Almighty.
- I am the manager. 1 Peter 4:10 use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms.
-e.g – investment broker, real estate management company, landscaper
What are a godly man’s priorities?
- Healthy Christian
- Healthy Spouse
- Healthy Parent/Grandparent
- Healthy Worker
- Healthy Church Member
- Someone or something picks your priorities (family, crisis, push people, pain?)
- A value is what you care about a priority is what you do.
- You have to say “no” so you can say “yes”.
- Know the difference between self-care and being selfish.
- Everyone & everything is important, just not equally important
Jealousy = in my place
Pray, Plan, Pivot (Nehemiah)
- Pray – 9 prayers (1,2,4,5,6,13)
- Plan – $, construction, legal, PR plan, security, travel , business, ministry plans
- Pivot – security, forego salary, pr statements,
- God and Government
Tithe: Proverbs 3:9 Honor the LORD with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops…
Taxes: Romans 13:7 Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes…
Proverbs 22:7 The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender.
- housing – usually biggest expense, roughly 25% of income
- auto – #2 $ (maint, gas, insur). ½ cars 10 yrs & older on rd, 200k mi meta lifespan. New car loses 15%-25% drive off lot. Older cars cheaper parts, taxes, ins, tabs. Buy friends & family.
- food – lack of meal planning & eating out drive this upward
- debt elimination – women ages 21-34 are most likely to have credit card debt
- insurance (medical, dental, renters/homeowners, disability, life, comprehensive auto)
Proverbs 30:25 Ants are creatures of little strength, yet they store up their food in the summer…
- 6 months of your expenses in an accessible account,
- 2nd account saving for large upcoming purchases
Proverbs 13:22 A good man leaves an inheritance for his children’s children…
- Investment portfolio – college fund, stocks, bonds, real estate etc.
Our Kids –
- No car debt
- No credit card debt
- No college debt
- Help w/first home purchase, plan on staying there 5+ years and building equity
- EOS Life
- Balance – income & freedom
- Know the size of your plate, and your wife’s plate
- If you put something on your plate, take something off your plate
- When a season changes, things need to change
- Record everything in one place
- Have a shared calendar with your spouse
- Have a weekly sync and a weekly date
- Always have fun on the calendar
- Where are you strong steward?
- Where are you a weak steward?
- How can we pray for you?