26 May What Forgiveness Is and Is Not
Romans 12:14-19Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them…. Live in harmony with one another… Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”
Your Forgiveness is Not
- ignoring, denying, enabling, or continuing what happened.
- enabling someone to continue to harm themselves or others.
- not forgetting (Jeremiah 31:34)
- trust and reconciliation
- a response to a repentant apology.
- something the other person(s) even need to know about.
- God’s forgiveness.
Your Forgiveness Is
- replacing demonic strongholds with Holy Spirit anointing
- forgiving a debt owed to you
- an act of faith in God to deal with them justly
- getting the sin/hurt/burden away from your future
- a one-time decision and an ongoing process (70X7)
- seeking internal and external peace to be healthy
- a witness to others who are watching
- Who do you need to write a processing letter for?
- How can we pray for you?