05 May Worship for Men
Worship for Men
5 Worship Myths
- Worship is for Christians.
- Worship starts and stops.
- Worship happens in church.
- Worship is only a genre of music.
- Worship is for women and children, but not real men.
What is Non-Christian Worship?
Romans 1:25 “they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.”
1. Some people worship the Creator
2. Most people worship creation (food, beauty, pets, environment, ideologies, philosophies, hobbies, jobs, entertainment, possessions, other people etc.).
What is Christian Worship?
Romans 11:36–12:1 “To him be the glory forever. Amen. I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.”
1. Glory: Who/what weighs heaviest in your life?
2. Amen: What team are you on & cheering for?
3. Sacrifice: Who/what do you make the biggest sacrifices for (time, money, energy, thought, etc.)?
· WE WORSHIP OUR WAY IN TO TROUBLE.
· WE WORSHIP OUR WAY OUT OF TROUBLE
· CASE STUDY EXAMPLES FROM THE MEN
- How do you feel expressing emotion, singing, and worshipping in church?
- Where else to you feel close to God outside of church?
- What does it look like to integrate worship into all of your life (e.g. home, work, hobbies, etc.)?
- How can we be praying for you?