Matthew 1:20-21 – But as he considered these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not fear to take Mary as your wife, for that which is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins.”
If you want to be a part of the impact and help us fund our biggest evangelistic weekend of the year–Good Friday and Easter–this is your chance. Every gift given now until Easter (04/09) will DOUBLE by a $100,000 matching grant. Click here to give! Join us on Good Friday and Easter online at realfaith.com/easter.
Angels served in Jesus’ earthly life in 13 ways:
- An angel promised the birth and ministry of John the Baptizer. (Luke 1:11–17)
- An angel named Jesus. (Matt. 1:21; Luke 1:13)
- An angel told Mary she was chosen to be Jesus’ virgin mother. (Matt. 1:20–21; Luke 1:26–37)
- An angel told Mary and Joseph to parent Jesus. (Matt. 1:20–21)
- Angels told the shepherds Jesus was born. (Luke 2:8–15)
- Angels worshipped Jesus at His birth. (Luke 2:13–14)
- Angels warned Jesus’ parents of the coming genocide so they could flee to Egypt. (Matt. 2:13, 20)
- Angels strengthened Jesus after His temptation battle with Satan. (Matt. 4:11)
- An angel strengthened Jesus in Gethsemane before the cross. (Luke 22:43)
- An angel rolled the stone away from Jesus’ tomb. (Matt. 28:2)
- An angel told two women at the empty tomb that Jesus had risen. (Matt. 28:5–7; Luke 24:4–7; John 20:11–14)
- Two angels comforted Mary Magdalene and reunited her with Jesus. (John 20:11–1)
- Angels promised that Jesus would be coming again. (Acts 1:10–11)
And still yet to come, angels will declare Jesus’ victory and ride into history with Him for war in the end. (Rev. 1:1; 19:9; 22:1, 6, 16)
What do you know about angels? Read some of these verses to learn more about how angels empower Jesus’ ministry.
Text DEVOS to 99383 to be woken up with bold, unapologetic Bible teaching straight to your phone Monday-Friday bright and early.