2 Thessalonians 1:11-12 – To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power, so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
The promises in 2 Thessalonians 1 are staggering, intended to put steel in the spine of weary believers:
- You are suffering for King Jesus and the Kingdom of God!
- King Jesus will return and “afflict” everyone who has caused you “affliction”!
- Your affliction will end forever once King Jesus returns!
- You won’t need to fight, because King Jesus will bring His army of “mighty angels” to the battle with Satan, demons, and evildoers much like the Air Force or Navy Top Gun pilots reigning down fire from the skies!
- The Bible repeatedly tells us not to seek vengeance, because vengeance is the Lord’s and King Jesus will come as our Avenger greater than the blockbuster movies with “punishment” and “eternal destruction”!
- You won’t have to deal with demons or evildoers again because they will be sentenced away from God’s “presence” in the Kingdom!
- King Jesus will make you “glorified” so that you are perfectly healed, whole, resurrected, and restored forever!
We know Who is coming, and how He is coming, but we do not know when He is coming. Faith is holding the line until we see Him face-to-face and that is the exhortation Paul gives the early Church and the Church in every age since.
How does this list encourage you?
Message and data rates may apply. Reply STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Visit https://realfaith.com/faq/ for privacy and terms info.