Why Men Can’t Let “It” Go
What is your “it”?
- The person/thing that you cannot let go of, move on from, forgive, or just leave unresolved?
- Big thing?
- Big person?
- Deeply personal & painful (e.g. parental betrayal, family disown, divorce, business gutting, church hurt, friend rejection?)
1. We have always lived our life in the fight from school, to sports, family, military, and business.
Romans 12:17 Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.
2. We get addicted to the adrenal high of the fight.
Romans 12: 18 If possible so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.
3. We have inner vows about losing. rather than trusting.
Romans 12:19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.”
4. We are counterpunchers by nature
Romans 12:20 To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.”
5. We don’t believe that moving on is moving up
Romans 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
= The most important thing in your life, family, & legacy are God’s anointing
Meeting with a great man who is not doing great. Been in the fight for years, looks battle fatigued. Those who love him the most miss him the most.
- I love you and it’s not about them getting away from anything, but you getting away from everything.
- I love you and I want your life to be invested in the right people & not wasted on the wrong people.
- I love you and I want you to redefine “winning” as being healthy, holy, and happy.
- Who or what do you need to let go, or keep letting go?
- How can we pray for you?