17 Sep 7 Money Personalities
Proverbs 4:23 (NLT) – Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
Even people who do not know the Bible know that to understand anyone or anything you need to get to the heart of the matter. According to Proverbs, the internal life of our heart is like a compass that directs our external life. Knowing what is in our heart can be quite difficult to accurately determine. Perhaps nothing so clearly reveals our heart as much as how we view money and wealth.
- The Hoarder – money gives me security so the more I have the safer I feel
- The Spender – money gives me rewards to splurge on myself because I deserve it
- The Avoider – money and bills stress me out so I try and ignore financial matters
- The Hater – money is evil and dangerous and therefore should be given away and not kept
- The Manipulator – money buys me influence/control over other people so that I can get them to benefit me in some way
- The Show-Off – money gives me status through possessions that I can flaunt to other people so that they are impressed by me
- The Giver – money is how I show people love because I do not love money and use people, but I do love God and people and use money to show my love
Which of these best describes you? If married, which one best describes your spouse?