Genesis 13:14-15 – The Lord said to Abram, after Lot had separated from him, “Lift up your eyes and look from the place where you are, northward and southward and eastward and westward, for all the land that you see I will give to you and to your offspring forever.”
In this section, Abraham, much like Adam and Noah before him, makes a lot of mistakes that God then forgives and redeems for man’s good and God’s glory, as every action is part of the storyline that ultimately leads to Jesus.
From this section of Abraham and Sarah’s lives, there are nine lessons we can learn, and I thought they may be helpful to recount and encourage us of God’s faithfulness no matter the circumstances.
- If God can forgive and use Abraham, He can forgive and use you.
- If you’ve failed your test, God can use it for your testimony.
- If you’ve made a real mess of your life, God can make it into a redemptive message.
- If you’ve lived by sight, God can open your eyes to live by faith.
- If you’ve made some bad financial decisions, God can still bless you.
- If God can save this marriage, God can save your marriage.
- If God can rescue this family, God can rescue your family.
- If you have gone south, God will help you turn around and go north.
- If your life gets awful, God will meet you at the altar.
What can you learn from the stories of Abraham and Sarah to build your faith that God will be faithful to bless His people and keep His promises no matter what?
To help you study the book of Genesis with us, we have the first of three free e-book study guides here.
To get daily devos sent texted to you Monday-Friday, text DEVOTIONS to 99383. Click here to find the sermon series that accompanies this devotional series.