The Bible is True and Jesus Christ is the Only God (25 minute sermon)
-My first Bible – I did not like the message: I’m a sinner who needs Jesus
-Submission to authority = changed my life, saved my marriage & family
-Jesus = Joshua (God is salvation) -Christ = anointed Messiah
- 2000 yrs ago, mom, dad, brothers, 30 years, 3 yrs ministry, simple resume
When a big product or person is coming a marketing plan prepares the way
- Scripture = “writing”; Bible = “book”; Holy Bible = Holy Book
- Library (history, sermons, letters, songs, arch, travel, family trees, legal)
- 66 books (39 OT, 27 NT)
- Written over 1500 years, roughly 40 authors, in 3 languages
- Multicultural – writers Asia, Africa, Europe
- Roughly 25% Bible prophetic when written
- Estimates from 61-300+ Messianic Prophecies
=Revelation – God makes Himself known
8 Prophecy Prove the Bible is True Truth
- 700 B.C. Isaiah 7:14 “the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.”
- 700 B.C. Micah 5:2 “Bethlehem…though you are small…out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times [eternity].”
- 400 B.C. Malachi “I will send my messenger, who will prepare the way before me. Then suddenly the Lord you are seeking will come to his temple…” says the LORD Almighty.”
- 700 B.C. Isaiah 35:5–6 Then will the eyes of the blind be opened and the ears of the deaf unstopped. Then will the lame leap like a deer, and the mute tongue shout for joy.
- 1000 B.C. Psalm 22:16 “Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet.”
- 500 B.C. Zechariah 11:12–13 “…they paid me 30 pieces of silver…So I took the thirty pieces of silver and threw them into the house of the LORD to the potter.”
- Psalm 22:1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
- 1000 B.C. Psalm “…you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay.”
- No other religion has anything like biblical prophecy
- Despite technology = no progress in predicting the future.
- Burden of proof
What are the odds of 8 prophecies being fulfilled?
Suppose that we take 1017 silver dollars and lay them on the face of Texas. They will cover all of the state two feet deep. Now mark one of these silver dollars and stir the whole mass thoroughly, all over the state. Blindfold a man and tell him that he can travel as far as he wishes, but he must pick up one silver dollar and say that this is the right one. What chance would he have of getting the right one? Just the same chance that the prophets would have had of writing these eight prophecies and having them all come true in any one man, from their day to the present time, providing they wrote using their own wisdom.
Professor of Science at Westmont College Peter Stoner in his book “Science”
- Largest longest lasting most global movement in world history
- Calendar BC/AD, Christmas (birth). SALVATION INVITATION!!!!