More Rising Up. Less Bowing Down. 2 Thessalonians 2:13-3:5
Between you and your destiny is some adversity – health, $, relationship etc.
PAUL – example & teacher
=Roughly decade ministry – walked nearly 20 mi day, preach hated msg, no wife/kids, side job
2 Cor 11:23-39 in stripes above measure, in prisons…in deaths often…5X I received 40 stripes minus one. 3X I was beaten with rods; once I was stoned; 3X I was shipwrecked; a night & a day I have been in the deep…in perils of waters…robbers…my own countrymen…the Gentiles…in the city…in the wilderness…in the sea…among false brethren; in weariness & toil…sleeplessness…hunger…thirst…cold & nakedness…my deep concern for all the churches.
Thessalonica Acts 17 – revival-riot = wrote 1-2 Thessalonians re adversity
1 Thess. “suffered & been shamefully treated…much conflict…labor & toil…suffered…drove us out… Satan hindered us…we could bear it no longer…distress & affliction grieve…fainthearted…weak”
2 Thess. “persecutions, afflictions…suffering…afflicted…rebellion…lawlenesss…Satan…wicked deception…unrighteousness…wicked and evil men…the evil one…”
2 Thessalonians 2:13 But we ought always to give thanks to God for you, brothers beloved by the Lord, because God chose you as the firstfruits to be saved, through sanctification by the Spirit and belief in the truth. 14 To this he called you through our gospel, so that you may obtain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 15 So then, brothers, stand firm and hold to the traditions that you were taught by us, either by our spoken word or by our letter. 16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God our Father, who loved us and gave us eternal comfort and good hope through grace, 17 comfort your hearts and establish them in every good work and word.
1. Start with “God [who] chose you…to be saved…he called you through our gospel…”
Saved THRU Gospel 1. Jesus said He God 2. Jesus said only way 3. Jesus proved it
-Satan to God
-Sin to Forgiveness
-Death to Life (spiritual)
-Wrath to Grace
-Hell to Heaven
-You to God
Saved BY God = “Chose”. Elected. Predestined.
John 15:16 “You did not choose me, but I chose you…”
=Kid lost/wandered off I took their hand.
2. Keeping maturing as “sanctification” comes “by the Spirit and belief in the truth”
XN = not perfect. XN = process
PROCESS – like sobriety, physical therapy
3. Find God’s “love”, “comfort”, “hope, and “grace” in your church family.
-Love – emotional & relational
-Comfort – Jesus understands & has “compassion”
-Hope – God is over what is over you & goes w/you through it
-Grace – trees not watered
=1. Put grace on others. 2. Allow others to put grace on you
4. Embrace “every good work and word” God has for you.
God works FOR – IN – THRU – you!
- Ministry works – serve, give, ministry presence
- Ministry words – pray, teach, encourage, bless, Scripture
5. No matter how much the world pressures you to bow down, “stand firm”.
-False teaching – change Bible not me
6. Your destiny is “the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ” so walking with Jesus.
- Intermediate State
- Second Coming
- Non-XN – judgment punishment, Hell
- XN – judgment rewards, Heaven
2 Thessalonians 3:1–5 Finally, brothers, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you, 2 and that we may be delivered from wicked and evil men. For not all have faith. 3 But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one. 4 And we have confidence in the Lord about you, that you are doing and will do the things that we command. 5 May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.
1. Pray for “for us” your leaders.
Teams – wisdom Me – don’t miss moment
2. Pray “that the word of the Lord may speed ahead and be honored, as happened among you”
- Trinity & Real Faith. 2023 & 2024
3. Pray for those needing to “be delivered from wicked and evil men”
- Outside Church
- Inside Church
4. Remember “the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.”
· “Evil one” – world (external); flesh (internal)
5. Encourage one another
2 Thess. 3:-4-5 we have confidence in the Lord about you, that you are doing and will do the things that we command. May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.
- RELEASE LIVESTREAM
- INVITE BAND UP
- BAPTISMS – Jesus past & our future