Our Father’s Dominion (talk title)
The Satanic 6 Cultural Crises
- Men are encouraged to be boys or girls, but not men
- Men are not launching –
https://www.cnbc.com/2023/05/24/heres-how-long-it-takes-young-adults-to-reach-financial-independence.html Young adults in the U.S. are taking longer to reach “key life milestones” that impact finances compared to 4 decades ago…(Pew Research)…. In 2021, adults who were 21 were less likely to have a full-time job; be financially independent, living on their own or married; or have children than their predecessors from 1980.
=record # over mothered young men @ home w/mom playing video games, vaping, watching porn, eating garbage, racking up record personal & national debt, voting for socialists
- Men are not working
A record 7 million men (25-54) not working or looking for work (NILF)
- Men are not marrying
- 40% Millenials & Gen Z (18-42) don’t believe in marriage
- 25% of 40-year-olds in the US never married. Up 5% since 2010
- Higher for men. 22% cohabitating instead. (more women becoming lesbians/older men)
- Men are not fathering
https://studyfinds.org/young-adults-rule-out-having-kids/ (PLOS ONE STUDY)
- 1 in 4 young adults not having kids (climate, responsibility, cost, career)
-American 1st Policy Study: US 1 in 4 children kids w/o father in home (18.3 million kids), 23% homes (80% are single moms) 3X global avg. 7% (Pew Research)
-KIDS = 200% more mental & behavioral problems; 400% more poverty; 500% mood disorders (e.g. medicating little boys w/o fathers)
- Men are not leading
- absent everywhere (college, church, work)
- We need better men! We do not need bigger government!
- We don’t need to start bottom up but top down, blessing flows down from leadership
- There is a God who has a plan for human flourishing HE will bless?
= CANOE ANALOGY
Dominion: A person with authority over a realm
Person: master, judge, Kingdom, Lord, warrior, prophet, priest, king, apostle, head, leader, governor, mother/father (images in Bible) throne, scepter, keys, underfoot
Authority: (words in Bible) rule, authority, sovereignty, power, might, strength (actions) tread, trample, rule, reign
Realm: nation, kingdom, household, business, church, city, region, property, physical body, spiritual soul
Our Father’s Four-Fold Dominion
Dominion from Creation Colossians 1:16-17 For by him [Jesus Christ] all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
- Everyone/everything comes A). From God B). Depends on God C). Is judged by God
Dominion over the seen and unseen realms Psalm 103:20-22Bless the Lord, O you his angels, you mighty ones who do his word, obeying the voice of his word! Bless the Lord, all his hosts, his ministers, who do his will! Bless the Lord, all his works, in all places of his dominion. Bless the Lord, O my soul!
- Written to people (seen realm) about angels (unseen realm)
Dominion from generation to generation Psalm 145:13 Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures throughout all generations.
Dominion into eternity 1 Peter 4:11 in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen.
Our Heavenly Father delegated dominion to our earthly father Adam
Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”
- God cannot lose authority over a dominion, but He can delegate it
- Men, starting with our father Adam, handed our dominion to the Devil
- Before sin is an action, it is independently living apart from God & godly dominion
?Is there any area of your life that is not under the Father’s dominion? Cursed not blessed.
Jesus reclaimed Adam’s lost dominion
2 Corinthians 4:4 “the god of this world”
Romans 5:17 For if, because of one man’s trespass, death reigned through that one man, much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and the free gift of righteousness reign in life through the one man Jesus Christ.
Every man is under the dominion of either:
A man has to learn to be:
- Under dominion (God’s & leaders God appoints – e.g. parent, pastor, police, boss)
- Exercising dominion
Prayer, worship, Scripture, wise counsel = START w/GOD
- Abuse your authority/aggressive (not servant but tyrant)
- Abandon your authority/passive (Satan, evildoers, least healthy people fill lead vacuum)
COMING SERIES: Dominion over self, marriage, children, home, business, finances, etc.
- Young men – best opportunity in history to succeed
- Men – people & things under your dominion can and will flourish
- Older men – you are more needed than ever
- Introduce yourselves, including what areas of dominion do you have (work, family, ministry, etc.)?
- What are you hoping to get out of Real Men?
- How can we pray for you?