6 Tools God Gives Real Men: Daniel Chapter 2
- My grandpa George & my dad growing up (each tool had a function for a need)
Daniel 1 – 605 BC after 490 years rebellion God allows Babylon/Nebuchadnezzar, invades & enslaves, walk 700 miles, eunuch, vegetarian, brainwash, name, teenager
- Spirit of Babylon (Rev. 14, 16,17,18) vs Spirit of God
Problem – Prayer – Praise – Prophecy – Promise (Kingdom) – Promotion
1.Godly Friends: Daniel 2:17
- Mentor myth vs bullpen
- Wise counsel (not just family, coworkers, or old buddies)
- Grace and I approve of these couples & individuals
2.Prayer: Daniel 2:17-19
- 6:10 prayed 3X day, 9 big prayer answered by Gabriel
- Communication key to war
Alexander, Hannibal, Caesar – relay runners
Ghengis Khan – homing pigeons
Flags on boats at sea
Telegraph & morse code
Wired phones – lines cut
Wireless field telephones
3.Worship: Daniel 2:19-30
- Reminding & celebrating the character of God
- Connecting to God helps you disconnect to all that is ungodly
- Men don’t sing in public because it’s unfamiliar but that makes it powerful
4.Revelation: Daniel 2:31-43
- General – creation (internal); conscience (external), dream, vision, word
- Special – Jesus Christ, Scripture
- Bible – daily (devos), YouVersion, audio Bible
5.Access to King Jesus and the Kingdom of God: Daniel 2:44-45
- Unseen realm overtakes seen realm
6.Holy Spirit Power: Daniel 4:8, 18
- Nebuchadnezzar is under no authority or control = men apart from Spirit
- Daniel is a man under authority & control = man w/Spirit
- Jesus Spirit-filled (my flight)
Discussion and Prayer
- Do you have godly friends?
- What is God revealing to you lately?
- What area of your life do you need the power of the Holy Spirit most lately?
- How can we pray with/for you today?
- Do you need a Bible?
Any Godly man can learn from the example of Daniel and see six tools that God gives him and he uses throughout his life. In this talk from Real Men, Pastor Mark explains in detail each of these six tools and how you too can use these tools in your own life.