(Song of Solomon 1:8-2:7)
- Discussion of favorite places we have been together
1:8 If you do not know, most beautiful of women, follow the tracks of the sheep and graze your young goats by the tents of the shepherds.
1:9-11 I liken you, my darling, to a mare among Pharaoh’s chariot horses. Your cheeks are beautiful with earrings, your neck with strings of jewels. We will make you earrings of gold, studded with silver.
1:12-14 While the king was at his table, my perfume spread its fragrance. My beloved is to me a sachet of myrrh resting between my breasts. My beloved is to me a cluster of henna blossoms from the vineyards of En Gedi.
1:15 How beautiful you are, my darling! Oh, how beautiful! Your eyes are doves.
1:16 How handsome you are, my beloved! Oh, how charming! And our bed isverdant.
1:17 The beams of our house are cedars; our rafters are firs.
2:1 I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys.
2:2 Like a lily among thorns is my darling among the young women.
2:3-7 Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest is my beloved among the young men. I delight to sit in his shade, and his fruit is sweet to my taste. Let him lead me to the banquet hall, and let his banner over me be love. Strengthen me with raisins, refresh me with apples, for I am faint with love. His left arm is under my head, and his right arm embraces me. Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
- Involved in approving of relationship
- Compliments – 12k Egyptian horses, 1400 chariots vs 1 mare
- Gifts – gold earrings studded with silver
- Nicknames – “my darling” “your eyes are doves” “lily among thorns”
- Provision – house – cedar & fir
Passionate & flirtatious
Timing – Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires. (stats)
- Faint w/love – needs snacks
- Left arm under head, right arm embraces
- Like sachet myrrh resting between breasts
- Shekinah Glory between the two cheribum that stood over the Ark in the Tabernacle; the two breasts are the OT & NT; the sachet of myrrh is Christ between the Old & New Covenants
- His fruit is sweet to my taste
Joseph Dillow “we have a faint & delicate reference to an oral genital caress”
- En Gedi discussion
In a private conversation with your phones off looking at one another share your favorite pastor memories and sexual experiences together as well as what you where you would like to go and what you would like to do in the future.