Bottom Line: You are Headed to Heaven with God or Hell with Satan
- 2 Realms form 1 reality
- War in heaven – divine beings won
- War in Eden – human beings lost
- War at cross – Jesus won His war
- You need to pick a side in the fight
Jesus Christ a Lion and Lamb
Revelation 5:5-6 “Weep no more; behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has conquered…” And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders I saw a Lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.
- “King of the Jungle”
- Eat whatever – buffalo, wild hogs, elephants
- Live in “prides” or packs mainly females & children – not other grown males
- Jesus was a Lion with haughty religious hypocrites
- Run from danger & stick together as a large flock
- Very social animals
- Eat grass – vegetarians
- Jesus was a Lamb with hurting and humble people
Tough Lion, Tender Lamb
Jesus is a Lion for His Family, and a Lamb with His family
- Lion – Jesus ruling over hell
- Lamb – Jesus ruling over heaven
The wrath of God
John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.
- WRATH – all justice no grace, no mercy, no exception
- Holiness – #1 Attribute vs Demons & Sinners
- OT – 20 words nearly 600X
- Passive wrath – Rom 1:18, 24, 26 God’s wrath revealed…God handed over
- Active wrath – Rom 2:5 …you are storing up wrath for yourself on the day of wrath when God’s righteous judgment will be revealed.
= Either you get wrath, or Jesus gets wrath for you
Matthew 25:41 the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
Revelation 14:10-11 he also will drink the wine of God’s wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night
- #1 person in Scripture to teach on judgment and hell is Jesus Christ
- 13% teaching; majority parables
- Jesus Gehenna garbage dump 11X (fire, weeping, wailing, gnashing teeth)
Revelation 20:12-15 I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
- center of history & rules 2 Worlds
- 200?X Bible, 45 of 61 NT in Revelation 17 of 22, chapter 4 highest concentration
- Warrior, Priest, King
- Hell is cruel? = freely chosen (only XN don’t get want)
- Hell is intolerant? = more tolerant than good people going
- Hell is unloving? = 1. loves His people 2. love requires protection
- Hell is exclusive? = 1. Their hell 2. Our hell
The war to end all wars
Revelation 19:11-16 I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.
The Kingdom of Heaven
Revelation 21:1-5 I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.” And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.”
- 2 realms, 1 reality – come together
Revelation – Western (past or future), Western (ware or worship)
- War: earthly scenes of churches and nations at (Rev 2, 3, 6, 10, 12-13, 16-19).
- Worship: heavenly scenes of King/Kingdom (Rev 1, 4, 5, 7, 11, 14, 15, 19, 21-22)
Worship is War & connects the 2 realms
Prepare for your promotion
1 Corinthians 2:9 “no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”
Revelation 3:21 The one who conquers, I will grant him to sit with me on my throne
Revelation 5:10 you have made them a kingdom and priests to our God, and they shall reign on the earth.
1 Corinthians 6:3 Do you not know that we are to judge angels?
Every day you make decisions to invite heaven down or pull hell up into your life