France park. Man stab 4 young kids, 2 women.
Henri “backpack hero” – devout XN = MEN 1). PASSIVE 2). ACTIVE
I need this mans pic https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/jun/09/france-backpack-hero-henri-annecy-knife-attack
Malachi 4:5–6 (NLT) “Look, I am sending you the prophet Elijah before the great and dreadful day of the Lord arrives. His preaching will turn the hearts of fathers to their children, and the hearts of children to their fathers. Otherwise I will come and strike the land with a curse.”
- Spirit-filled Bible preaching is the only thing to change the hearts of men
- The Father’s heart gets placed in the Father’s Sons to be fathers
Since 1968 the number of children without a father has doubled to 18.4 million children
Of 100 countries surveyed, the United States has the highest percentage of fatherlessness, 300% higher than the global average.
The majority of children born to women under 30 are born out of wedlock without a father.
Less than half of adults grew up with a mother and father.
85% of teens with behavioral disorders have no father
70% adolescents in drug and alcohol treatment centers have no father
90% of homeless and runaway children have no father
Children without a father are 900% more likely to drop out school
70% of D’s and F’s in school are earned by boys
By 8th grade 20% of boys are proficient writing, and 24% are proficient in reading
60% of college students are female
Young men spend an average of 8 hours a day on leisure and screen time (porn, video games)
The American Psychological Association said in 2019, “…traditional masculinity – marked by stoicism, competitiveness, dominance and aggression – is, on the whole, harmful.”
· Masculinity – now a toxic cultural creation to be removed & replaced with passivity
· Boys mature different girls, medicated
4 Kinds of Fathers
- Some fathers are absent
- Some fathers are present but passive
- Some fathers are present and abusive
- Some fathers are present, active, and healthy
#1. A Good Father Protects
Nehemiah 4:9 …we prayed to our God and set a guard as a protection…day and night.
- Functional father of nation =1). Spiritual 2). Physical protection
1 Peter 3:7 husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.
Children without a father are 200% more likely to be neglected or abused (especially girls)
- A father protects a child from others
By age 30, males who grew up without a father are 200% more likely to be in prison.
- A father protects a child from themselves
For the first time ever, most 18-34 year-olds are living with their mother, and the least likely generation ever to be seeking employment, marriage, or planning to launch in response to governmental COVID policies.
- A father protects a child from the government & over-mothering
=20’s obese guys leisure wear comfortable footwear mask following @ store
#2. A Good Father Provides
Genesis 2:15 The Lord God took the man & put him in the garden of Eden to work…
2 Thessalonians 3:10–12 we…give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat. For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work, but busybodies. Now such persons we command and encourage in the Lord Jesus Christ to do their work quietly and to earn their own living.
- No universal basic income
- No socialistic redistribution of wealth
1 Timothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
Prot. Work Ethic – German sociologist Max Weber (1864-1920) “Protestant ethic” (Am Dream)
- Protestants worked hard/honest 6 days
- Protestant parents gave their children chores
- No sacred/secular (Jesus = carpenter)
81% of single parents are women
Children without a father are 500% more likely to live in poverty
A record 7 million men ages 25-54 are not working or looking for work (Not In Labor Force).
19% of males ages 25-29 without a biological father are idle (not in school or work)
- You cannot be free unless you pay your own bills and are not dependent upon gov’t
- Unless men go to work, there won’t be enough people to tax & our nation will collapse
- Today’s nat’l debt it $100k per American, $250k per taxpayer
=Victim – new job is to be an activist and protest for compensation
#3. A Good Father Pastors
Ephesians 6:1–4 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise),“that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.”Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
Men in Church
1. Men in military have brotherhood, strong male leadership
2. End WW II 1945 US Pop 140 million,12+ million in military & most deployed = 9% total US
3. Post Wars men did not go to church for so long it became effeminate in style and culture
4. Women more comfortable in masculine environment than men in feminine environment
According to data collected by Promise Keepers and Baptist Press:
1. If the wife attends church regularly, but the father does not, there’s a 2% chance the children will become regular attenders of a church as adults.
2. If a father attends church irregularly, there’s a 50%-67% chance the children will attend church with some regularity as adults.
3. If the father attends church regularly, there’s a 67%-75% chance the children will regularly attend church as adults (whether or not the mother attends).
= CHURCH ONLY PRO-FAMILY COMMUNITY LEFT!
– men’s avg testosterone levels dropping by 1% every year since 1980
– upto 75% don’t qualify military (physical, mental, emotional, etc.)
-Gen Z – 20% seeing therapist, 39% in therapy, 42% mental health issue, 57% meds.
-Big issues = anxiety/depression. 8 hrs leisure/online (Video Games/Porn) = COVID
-CDC “Youth Behavior Survey” = Young men: not in
1). Church 2). School 3). Work 4). Relationship 5). Own place =4X suicide
Millennials (1981-1996) – largest, record 55% kids before marriage
“The Success Sequence” = virtually ZERO poverty
1). Graduate 2). Work FT job 3). Marry 4). Kids
=A. Don’t overlook single moms B. GET A 10 YEAR HEAD START!!!!!
#2.Young married men w/o children –
- Climate change is stupid
- The world is not over populated
=1). Boys = taken care of. 2). Young man = car himself. 3). Grown man = care wife/kids
-Men – lie no difference between Christian and non-Christian men (husbands/fathers)
-W. Bradford Wilcox – Sociologist UV: Soft Patriarchs, New Men
#1. Husbands/Fathers – Bible, Jesus’, Protestant Church Men!
- Marriage – lowest abuse/divorce. Highest marital satisfaction among wives
- Father – least abandonment/abuse. Most involvement/investment.
#4.Grandfathers – (don’t retire from fathering)
- Your sons & son in laws need you
- Your grandkids need you
- Your church needs you
- Your nation needs you
John 14:6 “I [Jesus] am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”